- Getting a good deal.
- Supporting a good cause.
- Making my kids happy.
Therefore, when I can combine all three of those together into one purchase, it's pretty much a guaranteed winner. Which is why I was excited to hear that the Spring 2013 Kohl's Cares Merchandise Program is featuring Dr. Seuss books and plush toys for just $5 each.
An amazing program that is a hit with kids as well as their parents, Kohl's donates 100% of the net profit from the Kohl's Cares Program to children's health and education initiatives across the country. Since 2000, more than $208 million has been raised nationwide!
This spring, Kohl's is bringing the charming stories from legendary author Dr. Seuss to children and families everywhere with playful and affordable books and plush toys that will delight readers with their magical rhymes and quirky illustrations. Children will be enchanted as they learn to read the whimsical tales from Dr. Seuss, and adults can be proud to support such a philanthropic program!
Offering exclusive hardcover editions of classic Dr. Seuss books including The Cat in The Hat, Horton Hears a Who!, Sleep Book, ABC’s and Happy Birthday to You! Kohl's also sells coordinating plush toys for just $5 each. Merchandise available for kids includes:
- The Cat in The Hat and Cat in the Hat plush: Join Dick and Sally as they embark on an unexpected adventure with a giant cat wearing a hat, transforming a rainy day into a fun-filled afternoon.
- Horton Hears a Who! and Horton plush: Children adore the story of loveable Horton, an elephant who hears a cry for help from a tiny speck of dust and does his best to protect the tiny creatures who live on it from those who see them as insignificant.
- Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book and Sleeps plush: The perfect bed time story that is sure to help everyone wind down from the hustle and bustle of the day – including the grown-ups!
- Dr. Seuss's ABC book and Alligator plush: A quick and colorful way to learn the alphabet with Dr. Seuss and his colorful friends.
- Happy Birthday to You! (an online exclusive): Everyone loves their birthday and with Dr. Seuss's joyous tale, readers will see firsthand the thrill of celebrating a birthday as it is done in Katroo.
- Dr. Seuss's ABC book's Rhino plush (an online exclusive): Kids will have a new friend to read with, as well as snuggle and huggle this adorable Rhino plush.
Kohl's Cares also has a selection of merchandise available for grown-ups:
- Good Housekeeping Light & Healthy Cooking and Good Housekeeping Drop 5 Lbs: Spring into Healthy Eating with two great books!
Following the treats and sweets from the holiday season, testing out new recipes from Good Housekeeping Light & Healthy Cooking and getting diet and healthy eating tips from Good Housekeeping Drop 5 Lbs is the perfect way to stay true to New Year resolutions.
- Dr. Seuss All Occasion Note Cards: As a thank you note or just to connect with a friend or loved one, these delightful all occasion note cards are sure to bring smiles to the faces of recipients with their fun and quirky illustrations.
When a colorful and whimsical box arrived here so that we could see the quality and cuteness of the Kohl's Cares items in person, there was no doubt that we were going to love what was inside.
We found Horton Hears a Who! and the coordinating Horton plush as well as Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book with Sleep plush waiting for us and, without a doubt, Big Sister E and Little Sister B couldn't have been much more excited.
The girls took one look at these plush pals and their cuddly bodies and sweet faces...
... and immediately claimed one for themselves (fortunately Big Sister E immediately loved Horton, while Little Sister B was enamored with "the sleepy guy"). Our new pals have been incorporated into all sorts of adventures, creative play and, of course, reading time, while the books have been paged through time and time again.
My kids have always loved reading, so being able to share these classic books with them along with bringing the stories to life with the stuffed animals has been perfect! If we needed any sort of excuse to reach for a book, this spring there are plenty of key reading dates to remember:
March 1 - National Read Across America Day
March 2 - Dr. Seuss’ Birthday
March 7 - World Book Day
April 12 - National D.E.A.R. Day
April 14 - National Donate a Book Day
April 14 – 20 - National Library Week
In addition to the merchandise program, Kohl's also features a Kohl's Cares Scholarship Program which recognizes more than 2,200 young volunteers each year for their amazing contributions to their communities with scholarships and prizes.
Since 2001, Kohl's has recognized more than 17,500 kids with nearly $3.5 million in scholarships and prizes. In 2013, Kohl's will award an additional 2,300 kids with over $425,000 in scholarships and prizes as well!
For more information about all of the amazing Kohl's Cares Programs, visit KohlsCorporation.com. For a list of store locations and information, or for the added convenience of shopping online, visit Kohls.com and join the discussion on Facebook and Twitter as well.
Other than information and the Kohl's Cares merchandise that I was provided in order to facilitate my review, I was not compensated or enticed to do this post in any way. This post is solely my honest opinion about these programs and products.