In the blink of an eye, 2013 came to an end and, all across the world, last night was spent in a whirlwind of party hats, glasses of champagne and kisses at midnight. Whether or not you were out celebrating with the masses or stayed home nice and warm to watch the ball drop from the comfort of your couch, today is the day that many of us look forward to a new start and making the most out of the upcoming year.
First and foremost on many to-do lists? The goal of starting off 2014 in a clean and organized fashion. Is there anyone that wants to head into the next 365 days buried in clutter and mess?
But no matter how much you think that you need to clean around your home, it is easy to put it all into perspective. Simply be thankful that at least you aren't tackling the cleaning job of Times Square in New York City after New Year's Eve!
Yikes! After the largest New Year's Eve celebration around, cleaning up Times Square is going to take more than just a handful of volunteers and some elbow grease, it's going to take something even more.
Which is why it's the perfect time for Mr. Clean to debut their newest, toughest product, Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle!
Featuring 2½ times more power in every drop, Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle penetrates dirt easier, fights grease tougher, and lifts stains faster than ever before. This concentrated gel formula serves all of your cleaning needs, on and off the floor and makes for quick and easy removal of tough stains from hard surfaces such as tables, countertops, sinks, stoves and floors.
For even more general floor and surface cleaning, simply dilute Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle in water and there will be no need for rinsing. Plus, with the specially designed, unique auto-stop cap, it'll be a snap to ensure that no drop goes to waste and that you're using the right amount every time.
Just the thing to power through the mess and grime in Times Square and get the iconic red stairs sparkling clean? Absolutely!
Along with Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle and the Mr. Clean brand ambassadors doing the work in New York City, Julie Edelman (also known as the "Accidental Housewife") has been on hand today to help with the cleaning process.
But Julie knows so much more than just how to clean up after a huge public event, she also has all sorts of great tips to help each of us save our time, money and sanity when cleaning our own homes as well.
Here is just a sampling of her great house cleaning tips!
- Tackle High Traffic Zones First. Divide your home into MUST DO and CAN DO LATER zones. The must do's are bathrooms, kitchen and bedrooms which are bacteria, allergy (dust mites) and germ magnets and should be cleaned regularly. Can do later zones are areas such as family rooms, guest bedrooms, and hallways.
- Maintain Your Sanity, Start Small. As Oscar Wilde said, "Man (and woman!) was made for something better then disturbing dirt." So put cleaning your home in perspective and don't allow yourself to get overwhelmed. Start with the smallest room in your home, and work your way to the largest room in order to streamline your cleaning process.
- Spread Out Chores That Bore. Once you've tidied up, make a weekly To-Do List to keep rooms clean enough. If you follow up on little cleaning projects each week, you'll be able to maintain a healthy and squeaky clean home, and manicures, all year long.
- Blend Chores That Bore Into Everyday Activities. Housework can be boring, so staying focused while doing it can be a chore. Blend work tasks into everyday activities and routines. Next time you're chatting on the phone with your BF or mom, chat while cleaning countertops, door handles and sinks.
- Streamline Your Cleaning Tools With Multi-Taskers. There's no need to have countless cleaning products clogging cabinets. Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle can be used directly on tough dirt or used diluted to handle big or small messes on hard surfaces such as tables, countertops, sinks, stoves and even floors.
- Dance With Dust Bunnies. No one said that you have to make cleaning a chore, so put on those headphones or crank up the music and dance with your vacuum as you suck up those dust bunnies or wash your floor! It will also turn your cleaning routines into a workout, so you'll be multi-tasking once again — cleaning and toning your bod!
Available in four different scents — Crisp Lemon, Febreze Meadows & Rain, Gain Original Fresh Scent and Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle with the Grease Fighting Power of Dawn — Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle is now available at grocery, retail, home improvement and mass merchandise stores nationwide.
Find out much more information on the entire Mr. Clean product line by visiting MrClean.com as well as connecting on Facebook and Twitter.
This post is part of a compensated partnership with Mr. Clean, however, all thoughts and opinions are honest and my own.