After all, when a film includes a lovable robot, comic-book style action, and a tale based on teamwork and becoming more than you thought you could be, how could anyone not fall in love?
Which is why we have all been over the moon excited for today's release onto Blu-ray Combo Pack of the incredible comic adventure, Disney's Big Hero 6!
The 54th feature film from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Big Hero 6 introduces viewers to Baymax, a lovable, personal companion robot, who forms a special bond with robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada.
When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to Baymax and his diverse group of friends — adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred — who transform into a band of unlikely heroes to unravel the mystery.
If you haven't yet seen Big Hero 6, you're missing out on the incredible time your entire family will have cheering on these hilarious, unforgettable characters!
Although my family had been excited to see Big Hero 6 simply from having seen the trailer, I don't think that any of us expected to fall in love with Baymax quite as much as we did. The way that Disney wove action, comedy and the heartfelt, poignant friendship between this extraordinary robot and Hiro is truly amazing!
Even better, apparently we aren't the only ones who think so!
First, Baymax was named Most Huggable Character of 2015 on National Hugging Day (January 21st), the holiday created to encourage people around the world to show more affection in public...
...and second, Big Hero 6 took home the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature of the year!
I have to admit that there are times that I don't always agree with the films, actors or actresses that take home the Oscars, but this year I couldn't have been happier because Big Hero 6 definitely deserved the award and the recognition!
Disney's Big Hero 6 is available now on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) as well as Blu-ray Combo Pack. Along with the 102-minute running time of the movie itself, bonus features include:
- FEAST Theatrical Short
- The Origin Story of Big Hero 6: Hiro's Journey (hosted by Jamie Chung, voice of Go Go Tomago) — Join the team behind the team that brought Big Hero 6 to the big screen as they travel on research trips to Tokyo and San Francisco and go behind the scenes of this epic film.
Explore everything comic-book about Big Hero 6, from director Don Hall's passion for comics to the story's roots in a lesser known Marvel property. Marvel's Joe Quesada and Jeph Loeb, who were consultants on the film, talk about what makes a good comic-book story, and how these devices were used to help create Disney's Big Hero 6.
- Big Animator 6: The Characters Behind the Characters — Join the six lead animators of Big Hero 6 as they talk about each of the characters and how they came to be the heroes they are now.
- Deleted Scenes (intro by Directors Don Hall and Chris Williams) — Includes two alternate openings and more.
- Blu-ray Only: Big Hero Secrets (Easter Egg) — The movie is filled with Easter Eggs, and this Buzzfeed-type list piece will give you a sampling of some of the hidden treasures in the film. See if you can find this Easter Egg about Easter Eggs!
- DMA Only: Gag Animations (intro by Directors Don Hall and Chris Williams) — For fun, animators made alternate versions of scenes they were working on and threw them into the mix at review sessions. The directors will present some of these gags for the first time to the public in this piece.
- DMA Only: Beatmax — Check out some of Baymax's greatest lines auto-tuned like you've never heard before.
Other than the Big Hero 6 Blu-ray Combo Pack that I was provided in order to facilitate my review, I was not compensated or enticed to do this post in any way. This review is solely my honest option about this product.