It's not our fault though, it's tradition. There are just some seasonal foods that we wait for all year long and when the occasion is finally drawing near, we can't help but be excited. After all, it just wouldn't be Christmas without candy canes and eggnog, Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie or Valentine's Day without those little candy conversation hearts.
And it most definitely wouldn't be Easter without PEEPS.
If your basket doesn't contain the brightly-colored, iconic, puffy marshmallow candies, then... well, clearly you must have done something to upset the Easter Bunny.
However, if you only associate PEEPS with the traditional yellow marshmallow chicks, then where have you been? PEEPS offers a seemingly endless number of products in colors, shapes and flavors of all kinds so no matter if you stick with the classic chicks and bunnies or prefer the modern flavors of chocolate mousse or party cake, your basket can still be filled with all sorts of tasty goodies.
This year PEEPS has added even more Easter offerings to their collection and has plenty of suggestions for what you might want to pick up at the store. When it comes time to stock your baskets, you may want to reach for...
1. PEEPS Peepsters - A bite-size combination of delectable chocolate and delicious marshmallow flavored crème. Available in creamy milk chocolate or rich dark chocolate varieties.
2. PEEPS Marshmallow Chicks - Fluffy chick-shaped marshmallows that have been a fan favorite for more than 60 years. Available in five, ten and fifteen count packages and in yellow, purple, pink, orange, green and blue color options.
3. PEEPS Chocolate Dipped Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Chicks - Three delectable chocolate mousse-flavored marshmallow chicks dipped in either creamy milk or dark chocolate.
4. PEEPS Chocolate Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Bunnies - Hop into spring with eight delectable chocolate mousse-flavored marshmallow bunnies.
5. PEEPS Large Marshmallow Bunnies - One or three large marshmallow bunnies adorned with a bow tie and decorative carrot; the perfect sharable-sized marshmallow treat and adorable addition to any Easter basket.
6. PEEPS Chick in a Hollow Milk Chocolate Egg - One classic yellow marshmallow chick inside of a hollow creamy milk chocolate egg combine two favorite tastes for a special Easter surprise. The egg is wrapped in either decorative blue or pink foil.
7. PEEPS Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Chicks - Individually wrapped marshmallow chicks covered in either milk or dark chocolate.
8. PEEPS Rainbow Pop - Four chicks in yellow, green, pink and blue marshmallow on a stick to form a colorful PEEPS lollipop.
9. PEEPS Marshmallow Bunnies - These sweet and fluffy treats are sure to get your taste buds hopping. Available in four, twelve and sixteen count packages and in yellow, purple, pink, orange, green and blue color options.
However, that's not all that PEEPS can do.
As well as celebrating the start of spring and completing Easter baskets with PEEPS, these tasty products can serve as colorful additions to baked goods and adorable accents to art projects and decorations.
One quick search on Pinterest provides pages of creative ideas — some simple, some a little more complex — that take these delicious, sweet treats and turn them into something much more. Talk about showing your "peepsonality!"
|Sources: PEEPS Sushi, PEEPS Centerpiece, Peek-a-Boo PEEPS Cookies, PEEPS S'mores|
How have I never tried PEEPS s'mores before? What have I been doing with my life up until now?
Fortunately for me, PEEPS sent over a great selection of their tasty Easter offerings...
...and the kids and I were more than happy to try whipping up some of the fun, bright recipes that can be found at MarshmallowPeeps.com.
While all of the options were mouthwatering, I found myself inexplicably drawn to the PEEPSTERS Stuffed Cookies. I partially wanted to make them because they sounded like a delicious version of chocolate chip cookies... and partially because I found myself addicted to eating the PEEPSTERS one after another, so at least this would cut down on my supply, right?
PEEPSTERS Stuffed Cookies
1 bag PEEPS PEEPSTERS
2¼ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
Using a sharp kitchen knife, cut each PEEPS PEEPSTERS candy piece into quarters. NOTE: For best results, freeze the pieces for 2 hours before beginning recipe.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined.
Using a tablespoon, scoop cookie dough and press 4 – 5 pieces of PEEPS PEEPSTERS candies into the dough. Cover the pieces of candy with the dough and roll into a ball.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Serve these up with a PEEPS Straw and there's just nothing better!
Available nationwide through grocery, mass and candy retailers, PEEPS & Company retail stores or at PeepsAndCompany.com, be sure to try out one of all of these seasonal varieties.
And, if you're inspired to show your peepsonality with a creative, tasty recipe or craft, be sure to let me know!
Other than the products I was provided by PEEPS in order to facilitate this post, I was not compensated or enticed to do this review in any way. This post is solely my honest opinion about these products.