Always a sweet, lovable, looking-for-honey type of guy, I know that Pooh can be counted on to teach lessons of life and friendship that are appropriate for children (which, unfortunately, can't be said for all of the animated shows out there).
So, when we caught wind of the new DVD release, My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Bedtime With Pooh, I knew it would be something that Big Sister E and Little Sister B would be happy to see.
Just released today, August 17, My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Bedtime With Pooh is a collection of bedtime-themed stories focusing on the importance of rest and healthy habits. We all know that getting getting enough sleep is good for you, but how better to get that concept across to children than through the lighthearted antic of Winnie the Pooh and his pals from the Hundred Acre Wood?
As soon as I casually mentioned watching this DVD, my girls were up on the couch in anticipation. And, from the moment that Pooh appeared on the screen, they were riveted.
The featured episodes include:
- Pooh's Double Trouble - A mirror in the woods causes shock and confusion, leading to Pooh and his friends thinking they have duplicates.
- Eeyore Sleeps On It - Pooh and the Super Sleuths stay up all night in an attempt to stop Eeyore from sleep walking.
- Eeyore's Sad Day - Eeyore is more sad than usual and the Super Sleuths set out to find him and try to cheer him up.
- Tigger's Bedtime For Bouncer - Time for a nap! After staying up all night, Tigger is too tired to play with his friends.
- Buster's Bath - After Buster jumps into a pool of mud, the Super Sleuths have to figure out a way to give him a bath even though he is reluctant to do so.
- One In A Pooh Moon - Lumpy is all ready to go to his first Moon Party, but where is the moon?
With a variety of heartwarming stories that focus on bedtime, My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Bedtime With Pooh is a sweet way to feature friendship and helping out in a fun and engaging way for young children. A total of 72 minutes long, each individual episode is just the right length to keep a child's attention and contains its own positive message or moral to be learned. My girls give it two thumbs up!
Retailing for $19.99, My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Bedtime With Pooh is available now from Walt Disney Studios.
(Other than the My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Bedtime With Pooh DVD that I was provided by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, I was not compensated or enticed or to do this review in any way. This review is solely my honest opinion of this DVD and its contents.)