Need to pick up a wedding card, have photos printed, get a new toothbrush, find a birthday toy for your friend's daughter and grab a container of ice cream to make your pie a la mode? All found right at your corner Walgreens!
I had my doubts recently when I was looking for a particular (somewhat-unusual) color of shoe polish, but, lo and behold, there it was at Walgreens. They've got it all!
But did you know that as well as being a go-to pharmacy and convenience store, Walgreens also hosts a variety of events and happenings? And one such occasion is right around the corner... and is set to make you look glamorous!
On January 10th, every Walgreens store in the United States will host "Night at the W," a free, beauty-themed event from 4:00 – 9:00 pm. Billed as the official after-party of the People's Choice Awards, women across America are invited to talk with their local Walgreens Beauty Advisor on how to get their own dazzling new look for the New Year and have a chance to win fabulous prizes.
Those who attend will find many simple ways to elevate their look and get "red carpet ready" for a big night out – all from the aisles of their local Walgreens. Want a few previous tips and tricks? I've got five from the "Godfather of Style" himself, Fashion Consultant Tim Gunn.
On behalf of Walgreens, Tim offers the following for ways that you won't have to spend a fortune to get your own "red carpet ready" look:
- Get a Camera-Ready Smile: A bright white smile is absolutely necessary whether you're walking the red carpet or the runway. A simple tip I tell all the runway models is use something like Crest Whitestrips. There's this 2-hour treatment you can put on when you are getting ready.
- Get Ready for Your Close-Up: When it comes to facial hair removal, there's nothing to be ashamed of, and there's everything to gain. Olay has something new that is perfect for this and because it's from Olay you know your skin will look fabulous!
- Every day is a new chance for you to "walk the runway," so I like to encourage women to try new things whether it be a new lipstick or nail color.
- Some of the most stunning looks I have seen lately are topped off with healthy-thick hair. Not every woman has thick hair and as women age their hair tends to thin. There is a new hair thickening product on the market from Pantene that will give you that gorgeous hair
- To keep your skin glowing, it is important to stay hydrated by using a good moisturizer and drinking lots of water. And you can make your features pop with the right makeup and brightest smile.
And, thanks to the generosity of Proctor & Gamble, one person will be prepared to be beautiful and glamorous any time they want, because...
One lucky person will win a Walgreens "Night at the W" Beauty Prize Pack*! ARV approximately $90!
Prize Pack includes: Crest 2-hour Express Whitestrips; Olay Facial Hair Removal (Medium to Coarse); Pantene Expert Collection AgeDefy Thickening Treatment; CoverGirl Clump Crusher (Very Black); CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balm; and CoverGirl Nail Gloss.
A big thank you to P&G for providing a "Night at the W" Beauty Prize Pack for me as well as for one lucky giveaway winner. The opinions shared are my own and honest and if you really need to see more, click here to see how I roll.