Fast-forward a few years and my brain just can't take the nursery rhymes any longer.
But considering that the topics and lyrics of the songs that I might choose are too mature for a 6-year-old and 4-year-old, I was starting to feel that I was destined to have to put up with I'm a Little Teapot for quite some time to come.
And then we went to a birthday party where each attendee received a mixed CD of the birthday boy's favorite songs and it introduced us to KIDZ BOP, therefore making our musical lives forever changed.
Spending the last 10+ years delivering safe and entertaining music for kids, KIDZ BOP CDs are known for being a compilation of "today's biggest hits sung by kids for kids."
By taking the popular songs of the year, removing the suggestive lyrics and having them performed by kids, it's no wonder that parents as well as children can appreciate these CDs — which is why more than 11 million of them have been sold to date!
After having listened to our mix so many times and having my husband turn to me to say, "You've got to get more of these!" we have since increased our collection and have been happy with each one. Therefore, when we heard that KIDZ BOP Party Hits was arriving on CD today, May 14th, we knew that it would be another hit around our house!
New to the KIDZ BOP collection, this CD features the hottest party songs of the year such as "Party In The U.S.A.," "Moves Like Jagger," "Hey Ya!" and many more. Although the original version of many of these songs feature subjects, words and content that I would find inappropriate for my children, the KIDZ BOP version is just right!
From the moment I pressed play, the whole family was moving and grooving and enjoying just how catchy these songs are. Because they are kid-friendly, I didn't have to worry about lyrics talking about drugs, alcohol or sex, instead we were able to dance or sing along to the familiar tunes but in a much more suitable way for young listeners. We loved it then and we still love it now!
If the music wasn't fun enough, KIDZ BOP has made it extremely easy to throw your own rockin' Pop Star-themed party with a great collection of tips:
- VIP Passes – spend time with your child by creating home-made, exclusive VIP invitations to the party!
- Press Play – Help your child curate a playlist full of his or her favorite songs to play during the party. This is a fun way to figure out what he or she listens to and a good way to ensure all lyrics are kid-appropriate.
- Birthday Bling – Bling out your party with disco balls, CDs and posters of your kid's favorite bands and pop stars.
- KIDZ BOP Karaoke – Set up karaoke machine so that your guests can sing their hearts out like pop stars! For even more fun, make music videos with your friends and upload to KidzBop.com later.
- Dance Party – Music and dancing go hand in hand, so having an area where people can dance like a pop star is key. Dancing is a great form of exercise and it helps teach rhythm and coordination, so it's time to "Get The Party Started!"
- Swag Bags – Take a trip to the dollar store together so your kid's friends can go home with a fun swag bag! All you need to buy are some sweet shades, stickers, and noise makers. The two of you can also head to the kitchen and add some homemade goodies to the mix.
You can also connect with KIDZ BOP on Facebook and Twitter so that you don't miss the latest and greatest, new releases, upcoming events and more.
(Other than the information and copy of KIDZ BOP Party Hits that I was sent from KIDZ BOP, I was not provided with anything or enticed to do this review in any way. This review is solely my opinion of this company and their music.)