So, to say that Doc McStuffins is completely and utterly adored by both of my girls means quite a bit. They absolutely can't get enough and have watched each episode of this television series many times over — the fact that they can recite many of the words and sing along to each song makes them that much happier each time Doc graces the screen!
Which is why they were thrilled to know that Doc McStuffins: Time for Your Checkup has now been released on DVD for their viewing pleasure anytime and anywhere!
Just released on DVD on May 7th, Doc McStuffins: Time for Your Checkup brings five full length episodes (each containing two separate tales) directly to children everywhere. This animated television series airs daily on both the Disney Junior programming block on Disney Channel and the new 24-hour Disney Junior channel and has been an instant hit for children ages 2-5.
From the first time we saw this imaginative series, we were hooked. The show's star, Doc McStuffins, is a nurturing six-year-old girl who communicates with and heals stuffed animals and broken toys out of her backyard playhouse clinic.
Assisting Doc with the day-to-day operations at the clinic are her much-loved friends: Stuffy, an overly proud dragon; Lambie, her cuddly best friend; Hallie, a jolly and caring hippo nurse; Squeakers, an alarmist squeaky toy fish; and Chilly, a snowman who spends a lot of time getting check-ups at the clinic.
Whether it's a case of loose stitching, low batteries or a blow-up toy who's sprung a leak, Doc and her pals are always there to lend a helping hand, while imparting to young viewers the importance of taking care of oneself and others. Each episode features two 11-minute stories and an original song and showcases the hallmarks of great Disney storytelling – fantasy and wish fulfillment.
I absolutely love how the characters and themes featured in Doc McStuffins are all made to be relatable to young viewers and are designed to ease kids' trepidations about everything from a doctor's visit to removing a splinter. Many of the stories directly address the kinds of issues that parents face with their young children when it comes to good health, hygiene and trips to the doctor's office.
This series is perfect to have on-hand for entertainment as well as to help introduce and ease children into situations that they are sure to experience when growing up.
The episodes featured on this DVD include:
- Gulpy Gulpy Gators! – Doc and her toys learn a lesson about overeating when Donny overfills his game and Gus the Gator is diagnosed with Stuffedfulliosis and can't gulp again.
- One Note Wonder – Alma's xylophone toy, Xyla, loses a key by accident and needs Doc's help to play in the band again.
- Tea Party Tantrum – When Susie Sunshine doesn't get any sleep, she ends up cranky and not wanting to play. Doc and her trusty team have to help her get a nap so that she can be full of sunshine and cheer again.
- Blast Off! – Along with Star Blazer Zero, Doc and her pals find out about the importance of always wearing a seat belt.
- Arcade Escapade – When Doc visits an arcade, she discovers a stuffed giraffe in need of help who is trapped inside the claw game. Can Doc successfully get her out and repair her so that she can go to a good home?
- Starry, Starry Night – Doc discovers a telescope that has lost her eyepiece, showing the importance of wearing glasses when needed to make the world clear.
- Bronto Boo-Boos – Doc tells Donny's new brontosaurus toy, Bronty, that he needs to be careful when the other toys are diagnosed with a bad case of Bronto Boo-Boos.
- Brontosaurus Breath – Doc helps Bronty brush his teeth after she diagnoses him with Stinkysalamibreath.
- Doctoring The Doc – Even doctors get sick sometimes. Doc's toys find out that sometimes the best medicine for getting well is a lot of rest and love.
- Hot Pursuit – When Doc and her toys spend time outdoors in the sun, they find out just why it is important to take breaks and rest in the shade.
Whether you have huge Doc McStuffins fans in your life or this is the first that you've heard of the show, Doc McStuffins: Time for Your Checkup is a wonderful addition to any at-home collection. Kids will surely adore the characters while moms and dads will appreciate the messages of kindness, bravery, childhood and more.
With a list price of $19.99, this DVD is available now on Amazon (for $14.99) as well as in stores near you so that you can bring home 120 minutes of positive lessons, taking turns, playing well with others, staying safe, healthy habits and much more.
And, thanks to the generosity of Disney Junior, one person will be able to bring home the happiness of this stuffed animal and toy doctor as well, because...
One lucky person will win a copy of Doc McStuffins: Time for Your Checkup on DVD!
A big thank you to Disney Junior for providing a DVD for me as well as for one lucky giveaway winner. The opinions shared are my own and honest and if you really need to see more, click here to see how I roll.