What is there to not like about October? The craziness of back-to-school has died down, the leaves change to amazingly gorgeous colors, and things like apple pie, pumpkin picking, hayrides and pumpkin spice lattes are everywhere you look.
Add in Halloween and how much I enjoy seeing my kids' excitement build over which costume they are going to wear and exactly which path we'll take when we go trick-or-treating, and it's just a winning month from start to finish.
So, what better way to celebrate our love for all things October than by whipping up some quick and easy spook-tacular Halloween treats to share with our favorite family, friends and teachers? I love spreading the Halloween spirit with something simple enough that the kids can help with, yet creative, fun and tasty enough that they're nearly guaranteed to be well-received.
Time to bring on the Halloween Spooky Chocolate Dipped Pretzels!
Whether displayed in a glass or little bucket as a Halloween centerpiece or tied in cellophane bags to give as a gift, Chocolate Dipped Pretzels are a holiday treat perfect for eating and gifting!
As well as my ghosts, mummies and pumpkins, other Halloween pretzel ideas that we've come up with around our house might include:
- Cut candy corn in half length-wise and adhere instead of (or along with) sprinkles.
- Use brown candies and brown sprinkles to make spiders.
- Use food coloring to tint BAKER'S Premium White Chocolate greenish-tan and use black piping to dress the pretzels up as Frankensteins.
- Dip the pretzels fully in BAKER'S Premium White Chocolate and then add JET-PUFFED Marshmallows to either end to look like bones.
- Use food coloring to tint BAKER'S Premium White Chocolate dark green and then attach a sliver of almond to one end to look like monster fingers.
- Make cuts on a strip of fruit leather and wrap around one end of a dipped pretzel to create witches' brooms.
This post is a part of a partnered campaign with Kraft Foods, however, all thoughts and opinions shared are honest and my own.