I think it goes without saying that we've been having a really great time.
As for Nutrisystem, it came with me! Considering that the pantry-ready foods are so compact and portable, there was a little section of my suitcase dedicated solely to the yummy meals that I've been accustomed to... so hopefully I won't get too far off track while we're down here.
And of course the knowledgeable folks over there wouldn't just send members of the Nutrisystem Nation off on vacation without great tips to help while we're away, right? Here's what they had to say about traveling while on the program:
- Bring your collateral with you – i.e. meal planner and on-the-go meal planner (dining out guide) for your purse.
- Sit down prior to vacation to choose restaurants to eat out at that have a variety of foods to choose from and that give you healthy options. Just be honest with your travel buddies that even though you are excited about the trip and can’t wait, you still want to stay on track with the program.
- Be sure to review the dining out guide and what’s a good meal choice.
- When dining out, remember that it’s okay to order the food cooked the way you want (i.e. salads with certain things not on the salad or on the side, steamed veggies, grilled not fried, etc). It’s okay to even let them know you have food restrictions and they will be sure to accommodate you.
- Bring Nutrisystem with you --- the pantry ready muffins, bars, snacks/desserts etc. Even though you won’t be 100% on Nutrisystem, if you bring the items that can be packed, it will help you stay on track and not be as anxious.
- When eating out, if the portion size is too big (protein sizes should be no more than 6 – 8 oz – about the size of your palm) immediately ask for a to-go box and put half in the box before eating. That way you don’t overeat and have leftovers too.
- Share items with your travel buddies …like dessert. That way you get a little taste without overindulging.
- Try to always go for salads as an appetizer and to get all your nutrients in and to help you feeling full longer.
- Try to be active – do activities where you walk around and keep busy.
- Drink water with all your meals – with a nice slice of lemon or lime.
Week 1: -3.0 lbs Week 8: -1.4 lbs
Week 2: -3.0 lbs Week 9: -1.0 lbs
Week 3: -1.0 lbs Week 10: -1.0 lbs
Week 4: -1.4 lbs Week 11: -0.6 lbs
Week 5: -1.0 lbs Week 12: -1.0 lbs
Week 6: -0.8 lbs Week 13: -1.0 lbs
Week 7: -0.8 lbs Week 14: n/a lbs
Total loss: 17 lbs
If you want to see how you can lose weight and get healthy with me, visit Nutrisystem today or call 888-853-4689!
Want to hear how other awesome bloggers are doing? Head over and visit with Heather at Living on Love and Cents, Sara at "Deal"icious Mom, Heather at Our Kids Mom, Melissa at Sippy Cup Mom, Brett at Mama Loves Her Bargains, Kari at Shining 2 Save, and Mellisa at Fun Saving Money and cheer them on as well! I guarantee you'll be inspired!
As a member of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program, Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me to review. However, all thoughts, opinions and results expressed are completely and honestly mine; your experience or feelings may differ.