While there are many positive aspects about April this year - warmer weather, Easter, and spring break, just to name a few - there is one event that occurs every April that has nearly the entire nation gritting their teeth.
That's right: taxes. Whether you file early or are rushing at the last minute, the process of filling out various confusing tax forms is never high on anyone's list of enjoyable activities.
Fortunately, there's a small reprieve for 2012, as the deadline for 2011 Income Tax filings is extended this year to April 17 (April 15, 2012 is a Sunday and April 16, 2012 falls on Emancipation Day in the D.C.). Hooray for that 7 jumping in there for a little bonus time!
Along with those two extra days, IHOP is taking the idea of 7 as a lucky number one step further by saving you money with their 7 for $7 value menu.
By offering options that everyone can enjoy, IHOP's 7 for $7 menu is a deal families shouldn't miss out on. After all, these big IHOP values at low prices can be found all day every day, so when it comes to looking for a tax break, there's no need to go any further than these mouth-watering new meal deals, classic IHOP favorites, and even a SIMPLE & FIT choice:
- NEW! Bacon-Wrapped Sirloin Steak & Eggs: Meat-lovers will savor two petite USDA Select sirloin steaks wrapped in crispy hickory-smoked bacon. Two fluffy eggs and golden hash browns complete the hearty entrée.
- Chicken & Waffles: This classic favorite features four crispy chicken tenders and four golden waffle quarters served with whipped butter and tangy honey mustard sauce or choice of dipping sauce.
- NEW! Cheesy Western Omelette: Giving mealtime a kick, this new cheesy combination is made with a unique blend of shredded cheese, creamy cheese sauce, fresh green peppers, sweet onions and diced ham. The fluffy omelette is served with fresh fruit or three buttermilk pancakes.
- Nutella Crepes & Eggs: Enjoy two delicate crepes filled with fresh slices of banana and Nutella chocolaty hazelnut spread. Always a crowd-pleaser, the plate is crowned with cool strawberry compote and whipped topping and served with two eggs and two slices of bacon.
- NEW! Bacon & Cheddar Hash Brown Stack: This creative creation really stacks up! Enjoy golden hash browns piled with crispy chopped bacon, melted Cheddar cheese, sliced tomato and an over-medium egg which is then topped with rich hollandaise sauce, green onions and more diced bacon. Served with fresh fruit.
- NEW! Hash-Brown Crusted Chicken & Biscuit: A new twist on an old favorite, enjoy a tender, juicy chicken breast, covered with IHOP’s crispy signature hash browns and served with two eggs and one buttermilk biscuit smothered with country gravy.
- SIMPLE & FIT Veggie Omelette: Under 600 calories, this lighter option is made with egg substitute, mixed with a blend of fresh green peppers, onions, sliced mushrooms and oven-roasted tomatoes and served with fresh fruit.
Need more reasons as to why 7 is the trendy tax-related number right now? How about reading up on...
Thanks to the generosity of IHOP, seven people will be able to enjoy their own post-tax day celebration, because...
Seven lucky people will win a $25 gift card to IHOP!
To enter to win: Leave me a comment telling me your favorite breakfast food(s).
Extra Entries (available after the mandatory entry above is completed; please leave a separate comment for each entry in order for them to be counted).
1 Extra Entry (per method) if you Like IHOP on Facebook and/or follow them on Twitter.
1 Extra Entry (per giveaway entered) - Enter any (or all) of the giveaways running on Thanks, Mail Carrier for the duration of this giveaway.
1 Extra Entry if you follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway by copying and pasting the tweet below and leaving me the link. Tweet daily for an extra entry every day!
7 people will WIN a $25 IHOP gift card for a delicious meal and celebrate 7 for $7! http://bit.ly/HAeFdh @thxmailcarrier #giveaway #win
1 Extra Entry (per follow method) if you follow me with Google Friend Connect, subscribe to my RSS feed, subscribe to Thanks, Mail Carrier by email, become a fan on Facebook or add Thanks, Mail Carrier to your blogroll.
2 Extra Entries if you put my cute button up on your blog. Please leave an address where it can be found.
3 Extra Entries if you blog about this giveaway linking back to this post. Please leave an address where it can be found.
Giveaway will end on May 2nd at 11:59pm CST. By entering this sweepstakes, you are agreeing to these official rules. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited by law. Do me the favor of leaving an email address or making absolutely sure it is visible in your profile, I have to have a way to contact the winner. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to contact me or respond to notification or a new winner will be chosen. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning and the giveaway sponsor is solely responsible for prize fulfillment. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only and must be 18 years of age or older.
A big thank you to IHOP for providing a gift card for me as well as for seven lucky giveaway winners. The opinions shared are my own and honest and if you really need to see more, click here to see how I roll.