As I've always said, I am continually in awe of people who can look at a space and know just what aspects of home decor it needs in order to be stylish. From the colors to the lighting to the perfect accessories, they are just able to pull it all together with apparent ease.
While my home doesn't resemble a designer showroom (and won't as long as I have two young kids around), I still like to try to create a warm and inviting space for family and friends, as well as for us. A must-have aspect of that? Scent. In my mind, decor can only do so much if the odor isn't pleasant, right?
Which is exactly why I have been loving the new Glade® Expressions™ Collection since they first arrived. The fragrance mist and oil diffusers are the perfect combination of stylishness and practicality. The four wonderful scents can leave your house looking good as well as smelling good.
The Glade® Expressions™ Collection features an incomparable fragrance experience in two contemporary designs — a fragrance mist and an oil diffuser — that have been developed to appeal to multiple senses at once.
The Glade® Expressions™ Oil Diffuser is easily assembled in seconds and ends up as a decoratively paneled, artistic way to add a light fragrance and a modern, upscale appearance to any room. I love the elegant look to the panels that gives this diffuser an ornate, luxurious touch, while the addition of the fragrance is just right — the Lavender & Juniper Berry has proven to be just the right mix of sweetness and flowers that's a perfect match for the spring weather we've been enjoying.
At the same time, the Glade® Expressions™ Fragrance Mist is a simple, yet much-appreciated product to use in nearly any room. By giving the sleek, refillable canister a squeeze, the light mist is released. I like how it quickly dissipates into the air, yet the long-lasting aroma of freshness lingers for quite a while afterward. The Cotton & Italian Mandarin fragrance has provided a fresh, clean (and not-overpowering addition) to many rooms throughout our home.
All in all, these products are exactly what my home needs to be ready for spring! At the same time, style guru Giuliana Rancic has her own spring style tips for spring that are sure to get you ready to head out into the sunshine:
- Put your best foot forward. Polished nails make you feel more put together, and fresh colors can really lift your mood after a dreary winter. I love sheer pink colors for spring because they look clean and appropriate for work or play.
- Don't forget Scent. When you're updating your home after a long winter, choose a signature scent to match the lighter décor for spring. Reflect the changes outside in your home with a light, floral fragrance such as Lavender & Juniper Berry from the new Glade® Expressions™ Collection. Added bonus? You can leave out the pretty Oil Diffusers and Fragrance Mists to keep your room smelling yummy and looking chic.
- Get "Glowiair." Skin lacking luster from the cold winter months? No problem! Fake a sun-kissed glow with bronzer. To take your look from day to night, add black kohl eyeliner and my favorite piece d'resistance - false eyelashes!
- Look great on a budget. I love trying the latest trends straight from the runway, and spring is a great time to update your wardrobe. However, it's not economical to spend a fortune trying all the fads. Splurge on a few key pieces that will last years, and for the rest go to H&M, Top Shop or other trendy stores that won’t break the bank. You'll look fab and your wallet will thank you.
- Spring into shape. Look and feel your best by taking advantage of the warmer spring weather and get outside. Spring is the perfect time to go for a jog in the morning or on a long walk in the evening – it’s not too cold, not too hot. Also, ensure your skin is hydrated and looking great by using a moisturizing hand cream – I always keep some in my purse – and drink lots of water.
That's right; I'm hosting 15 friends over this evening for a Girls Night Out — Glade® style! This fragrance-inspired evening is going to include great Glade® Expressions™ products, food and drinks, and the new Glade® Home Style Studio app on the Glade® Facebook page. This fun app gives you expert decorating tips, product recommendations and playlists tailored to your personal style, all inspired by your favorite Glade® Expressions™ Collection fragrance.
While it might be a little far of a drive (or flight) for you to join us for Girls Night Out, no worries! As well as my tweets and Facebook posts live from the party (so that you can virtually join in), you can experience the Glade® Expressions™ Collection firsthand by catching up with the Glade® Expressions™ Happiair Tour when it comes rolling through your hometown. Find more information on the tour schedule on the Glade® Facebook page!
This unique virtual fragrance experience is touring 30 cities across America in a cute yellow truck to introduce fans to the Glade® Expressions™ Collection and the Glade® Home Style Studio online application. I'm excited to head to Bayshore Town Center in Glendale, WI on April 6th and The Domes in Milwaukee, WI on April 7th, so if you're in the area, come stop by and hang out!
For more information about the Glade® Expressions™ Collection, the Glade® Home Style Studio app, and the Glade® Expressions™ Happiair Tour (including details and locations), be sure to connect with Glade® on Facebook and Twitter.
Disclosure: I have partnered with Glade® to bring you coverage of the Glade® Happiair Tour and the Home Style Studio app. Though I did receive compensation and product samples, the opinions I’ve expressed are honest and are entirely my own.
There's also a giveaway...
ONE winner will receive a goody bag of the new products from the Glade® Expressions™ Collection!
MANDATORY ENTRY: To enter, please visit the Glade® Home Style Studio app, and in a comment tell me what the application says about your home decor style.
Note: This giveaway is open to US shipping addresses only. Please make sure to follow ALL Giveaway Rules. This giveaway will end on April 17th at 11:59 CST.