According to a recent national "Summer Fun" parents' survey conducted by KinderCare Learning Centers, more than half of parents surveyed believe that their children should enjoy a balance of relaxed fun and continued learning in between school years.
Additionally, the KinderCare survey found that one in four parents of preschoolers send their children to day camp during the summer (25%) and more than half sign them up for recreational activities or lessons (59%).
Findings like those are exactly why KinderCare Summer Camp hosts 12 uniquely-themed week-long summer programs that infuse the fun of traditional camp with learning, discovery and adventure for children pre-school through school age.
Running from June through the beginning of September, there is so much to choose from at KinderCare! With such a variety of themes, no matter what your child is interested in, they are sure to have an enriching, fun, and memorable summer. Summer Camp themes include:
- Wilderness 101
- Dig Ancient Egypt
- Wild, Wild West
- Spectacular Sports
- Animal Antics
- Gross and Gooey Science
- Kids' Kitchen
- Sports Smarts
- Art Expo
- Splish Splash!
- Feats of Science - KNEX Motion Machines
To get her ready, we even got to try out a sample activity from the Kids' Kitchen theme for a tasty treat that was very child-friendly to accomplish:
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
⅔ cup cream cheese, softened
1 bag of sprouts
1 ½ cups fresh carrots
1 red bell pepper
1 cup cucumber
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup canned or frozen corn (thawed, if necessary)
1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
4 flour tortillas
• Clean and sanitize a counter or table in your kitchen.
• Wash the carrots, pepper, and cucumber.
• Grate the carrots into a bowl.
• Thinly slice the pepper and cucumber and place them in separate bowls.
• Place the corn, edamame, and shredded cheese in separate bowls.
• Place a serving spoon in each bowl.
• Place the cream cheese, bag of sprouts, bowls of vegetables, bowl of cheddar cheese, tortillas, measuring cups, and measuring spoons within reach.
• Spread cream cheese on your tortilla.
• Place vegetables and cheese in a row down the center of your tortilla.
• Top the vegetables with shredded cheese and sprouts.
• Roll up your tortillas as tightly as possible to keep the vegetables inside.
• Use a knife to cut the wraps in half.
Yum! Sending Big Sister E off to have fun while she also learns how to make me lunch? What could be better?!
With 1600 centers nationwide, KinderCare is known for offering age-appropritate curriculum, customized experiences and overall school preparedness. Their experienced staff, innovative programs, and projects designed to excite children's imaginations go beyond the school year and can continue ensuring that preschoolers and elementary aged children think learning is fun all summer long.
For more information on their summer programs and to find a location near you visit KinderCare's website and find them on Facebook and Twitter as well.
This was written as a part of a MomSelect blog review program and, in exchange, Big Sister E will be receiving a complimentary week of summer camp. However, as usual, all opinions shared are my own and honest.