I'm not sure what happened in my brain, but I clearly just made a whole list of poor choices. And each day that passed had me feeling... blah. Both mentally (knowing that I was going to regret whatever I was putting into my mouth) and physically (my body just feels heavy and gross and unhappy).
I am still focusing on the overall picture and how far I've come and the non-scale victories and all that... but I won't say that I'm not disappointed in myself, because I definitely am. However, today is another day and I know full well that things can be completely different by next week. It's time to re-focus!
As well as the support and love from the Nutrisystem Nation, I know that Nutrisystem will be there for me. For instance, they have a whole list of great tips for all of the cookouts and barbecues that we'll all be attending this summer, just in time for the July 4th holiday:
Surviving (and Enjoying) the Summertime BBQ Season While On Nutrisystem
- Bring your "BBQ-esque" Nutrisystem meal of choice - Nutrisystem’s Hamburgers, Chicken and Hot Dogs are great on the grill! That way you still feel part of the BBQ eating festivities while staying on program.
- Offer wheat rolls and buns - this way you give everyone a healthier option.
- Follow the guidelines of your grocery guide – create a garden salad with all your favorite vegetables with various dressings on the side. That way everyone can choose what dressing is best for them, you to get in your add-in additions while on program. To make a complete meal, top with some grilled chicken.
- Grill some vegetables on the BBQ. One fun way to do this and to have the kids get involved is to make vegetable shish kabobs! Then all that is left to do is toss them on to the BBQ and have a great side dish (or condiment too).
- Try to steer away from items drenched with BBQ sauce as this will only add in extra calories and typically is high in sugar and sodium.
- Make sure to have iced water on hand. Toss in some slices of citrus fruits (i.e. oranges, lime and lemons) or even cucumbers, too. This makes it different and is quite refreshing!
- For dessert you can have your Nutrisystem dessert with the group, but also have a healthy option such as fruit salad or fruit kabobs for you and your guests. The kids can even help out with making them.
This week: +2.0 lbs
Total loss: 21.2 lbs
Why does that third Nutribear seem so far away all of a sudden? No more excuses for this week, it's time to get serious! If you want to see how you can lose weight and get healthy with me, visit Nutrisystem today or call 888-853-4689!
Want to hear how other awesome bloggers are doing? Head over and visit Living on Love and Cents, "Deal"icious Mom, Our Kids Mom, Sippy Cup Mom, Mama Loves Her Bargains, Closer to Lucy, The Life of Rylie...& Bryce, too! and Shibley Smiles and cheer them on as well! I guarantee you'll be inspired!
As a member of the Nutrisystem Nation Blogger Program, Nutrisystem is providing their food and program to me to review. However, all thoughts, opinions and results expressed are completely and honestly mine; your experience or feelings may differ.