My kids love animals.
Everything from the standard dog that we see walking down the block to the images of majestic whales or prowling panthers that we see on television - Little Sister B says she wants to touch them all and Big Sister E usually starts imitating them, quickly turning things into a zoo.
But even though the exotic animals are eye-catching, the ones that end up the continual favorite seem to always be from the farm. What kid doesn't think cows, pigs and chickens are just really cool?
Knowing that (as well as how much we've enjoyed watching Timmy Time), I had no doubt that the girls would welcome the chance to add the fun and adventure of Shaun the Sheep in Shaun the Sheep: Animal Antics to their DVD collection.
Aimed at kids (and adults) of all ages, Shaun the Sheep is a lovable fellow who doesn't follow the flock... in fact, he leads them into all sorts of scrapes and scraps, turning peace in the valley into mayhem in the meadow. Currently airing in the U.S. on the Disney Channel, this series contains five minute animated shorts that are continually a big hit for fans!
Available on DVD today, July 26, 2011, from Lionsgate and HIT Entertainment, Shaun the Sheep: Animal Antics is a collection of seven wild and hairy farm adventures following Shaun and his barnyard buddies. I knew that my girls would laugh along with this 44 minute collection following Shaun while he tries to outfox a fox, Bitzer discovering his jazzy side or the sheep trying to sell everything on the farm to the highest bidder.
- Foxy Laddie - A fox arrives at the farm, disguising himself as a handsome ram to infiltrate the flock and eat Timmy! All the lady sheep are beguiled by this charming new arrival – especially Shirley. Shaun becomes suspicious when the fox’s cunning disguise begins to fail.
- Whistleblower - Bitzer loses his precious whistle and tests out the Farmer’s trumpet as a replacement. Before long, the power of the trumpet goes to his head and his fanfares and jazz-styled bugling drives the flock around the bend.
- Frantic Romantic - The Farmer is trying to impress his new date by cooking her a romantic dinner. Unfortunately, the Farmer can’t cook and Bitzer is a useless maître d'. Can Shaun and the flock save the day when they take over the catering behind the scenes?
- Who’s the Caddy - The Farmer discovers his old golf clubs and decides to knock a few balls around in the field, instantly putting his back out. Shaun takes the opportunity to learn how to play while Bitzer, who desperately wants to show off his golfing prowess, is forced to tend to his injured master inside the house.
- Everything Must Go - The Farmer has set up a stall by the side of the road, selling produce from the garden. He leaves Bitzer in charge for the day but Bitzer soon gets bored and gives Shaun the job while he puts his feet up by the pool. Shaun proves to be a much better salesman than Bitzer and the flock is only too happy to get stuck in selling pretty much all of the Farmer’s worldly possessions!
- In the Doghouse - When Bitzer’s kennel is accidentally destroyed he hopes the Farmer will replace it with a new deluxe model. But when he sees his master’s clumsy attempt to build a new kennel, Bitzer is so horrified he packs his bags and leaves home. Shaun hopes to tempt Bitzer to return with the kennel of his dreams.
- Cock-a-Doodle Shaun - The rooster is missing and there’s no one to wake up the farm. When Shaun discovers the rooster has been snatched by the greedy fox, he sets off with Bitzer on a daring rescue mission. Will they get the rooster back in time to wake up the rest of the farm?
Retailing for $14.98 (or $11.99 on Amazon), whether your kids are familiar with Shaun the Sheep or not, this DVD is a fun addition to any video library. And, thanks to the generosity of Lionsgate and HIT Entertainment, one person will be able to add it soon, because...
One lucky person will win a DVD copy of
Shaun the Sheep: Animal Antics!
Shaun the Sheep: Animal Antics!
To enter to win: Tell me your child's favorite animal!
Extra Entries (available after the mandatory entry above is completed; please leave a separate comment for each entry in order for them to be counted).
1 Extra Entry if you Like Shaun the Sheep on Facebook.
1 Extra Entry (per giveaway entered) - Enter any (or all) of the giveaways running on Thanks, Mail Carrier for the duration of this giveaway.
1 Extra Entry if you follow me on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway by copying and pasting the tweet below and leaving me the link. Tweet daily for an extra entry every day!
Kids love Shaun the Sheep! I want to WIN a Shaun the Sheep: Animal Antics DVD! http://bit.ly/ruIfMz #giveaway #win @thxmailcarrier
2 Extra Entries (per follow method) if you follow me with Google Friend Connect, subscribe to my RSS feed, subscribe to Thanks, Mail Carrier by email, become a fan on Facebook or add Thanks, Mail Carrier to your blogroll.
3 Extra Entries if you put my cute button up on your blog. Please leave an address where it can be found.
3 Extra Entries if you blog about this giveaway linking back to this post. Please leave an address where it can be found.
Giveaway will end on August 16th at 11:59pm CST. Do me the favor of leaving an email address or making absolutely sure it is visible in your profile, I have to have a way to contact the winner. The winner will be chosen by random.org and announced here as well as emailed and will have 48 hours to contact me or respond to notification or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
A big thank you to Lionsgate and HIT Entertainment for providing a Shaun the Sheep: Animal Antics DVD for me for review as well as for one lucky giveaway winner. The opinions shared are my own and honest and if you really need to see more, click here to see how I roll.